Are sports drinks necessary?


I've recently discovered a sports drink I like. Often they are simply too sweet for my taste. It's lemon flavoured Taut. However, this new drink costs between £0.99 - £1.50 for 500 ml. I mean come on, it's 99% water, a few trace minerals and some sugar and salt. Imagine the profit margins on that! The words old rope and money spring to mind.

This got me thinking about making my own drink and then even how necessary they really are.

I found this excellent article on The Guardian, written by top athlete Sam Murphy.

In a nutshell, the right kind of sports drink at the right time can make some difference to performance and recovery rates.

At the end of the article is a recipe to make your own.

Do you think sports drinks make a difference. Please leave a comment. Go on!

0 comments:

Post a Comment